This is a review of a Mac cleaning software CleanMyMac 3, in the article you will learn everything that you want to know about CleanMyMac 3, features, pros and cons, software reviews, etc. Read on and check the review now.
What is CleanMyMac 3?
CleanMyMac 3 is a mac cleaning software developed by MacPaw Inc. ( MacPaw is a company has been in business for 9 years and got A+ rating in BBB website.) As its name indicated, CleanMyMac 3 is a Mac Cleaner can help you clean, optimize, and maintain your Mac. CleanMyMac 3 will safely and intelligently scan and clean your entire Mac system, delete large files, unused files, reduce the size of your Photos library, uninstall unused apps or fix the ones that started to work improperly, manage all your extensions from one place and do much more to clear junk files and clean your Mac. In brief, the main features of CleanMyMac 3 are
- Clean Mac by finding junks files on Mac and deleting them.
- Maintain your Mac by providing some comprehensive maintenance features, such as maintenance scripts to keep a Mac running smoothly, repair Disk Permissions, verify and repair for HDDs.
- Monitor the health of your Mac and tell you how to fix the issues.
Is CleanMyMac 3 safe?
CleanMyMac 3 is a safe app without malware, virus or crapware, if you downloaded it from its official MacPaw page. And it got past all of the security check when Bitdefender Antivirus and MalwareBytes Antivirus scanning and checking on my iMac.
And it is safe to use CleanMyMac 3 to do cleaning and maintaining, if you know what you are doing and use it properly, that is you could check all of the preference and settings, and how you defined the smart cleanup before you starting clean. Well, you can decide what to remove, what can be done automatically, what should be checked when execute the cleaning task. As some reviewers said, CleanMyMac 3 is a software not human, some wrong decisions may occurred in rare cases, though it has sophisticated machine-learning algorithms to analyze patterns. And we also have to acknowledge that MacPaw has accumulated expertise in cleaning Macs and resolving various application compatibility issues. Followed properly operation, you’ll find CleanMyMac is very useful and the best cleaning app on the market for all mac users.
Reviews about CleanMyMac 3 from Mac Industry Experts
It’s hard to believe, but CleanMyMac currently has 5 million users. So we could know how popular it is for Mac users. And let’s read what Mac industry exerts reviews about CleanMyMac 3.
Chris Barylick reviewed CleanMyMac 3 4-stars (overall 5-stars) ratings on Macworld, and said it comes in handy in a world filled with incredibly fast but still relatively small solid state drives, where regaining a dozen or so gigabytes of space, it helped retrieve 18.1GB of storage space for him, and the computer ran without a hitch afterwards.
iMore editor wrote that CleanMyMac 3 is a cleaning tool, with it, you can get specific about what items stay and what gets cleaned out. And CMM 3 also is a utility for maintenance on Mac, you can ask the app to run maintenance scripts, reindex Spotlight, or repair disk permissions. The app will also now help do things like delete web cookies from your browsers, or get rid of unwanted extensions.
TheNextWeb editor Owen Williams reviewed that CleanMyMac 3 does cleaning Mac and get rid of the junk in a quick, attractive looking package. With an attractive user interface, CleanMyMac targets the useless stuff that piles up on your computer, like old log files, unused language files, iTunes backups, outdated caches and other items to help free space and tidy up broken files. It helped Owen picked up just over 30GB of space he could save, and another Mac found over 50GB junk files to clean. It wasn’t monumental, but it’s a decent chunk of space, particularly on machines with smaller hard disks. TNW think CleanMyMac 3 is worth if you don’t want to spend time hunting around your computer to save some space.
GRAHAM SPENCER wrote on Macstories, CleanMyMac 3 is a solid upgrade that brings improvements and completely new features. Like those who with an SSD laptop as the primary computer, Graham think storage space is always limited and he has been using CleanMyMac for a few years to get a little extra space.
What CleanMyMac 3 Can Do for You?
- Find junk files on the Mac and delete them (you can decide what to remove), helps to recover Mac cpmputer memory.
- Safely scans your Mac system, iTunes, Mail, Photos library, Trash bins, and even old folders that have been secretly avoiding you.
- CleanMyMac 3 works as a smart Mac Cleaner cleans your Mac, including junk files, unused files, duplicates, mail attachments, useless cache files and heavy RAWs that take up space.
- Uninstall unneeded apps, it removes the app and all the associated files and folders an app creates. Which is much better than uninstalling by dragging an app from the Applications folder to the Trash which leaves a lot of stuff behind on your drive.
- Monitors HDD health for Mac (usually not an issue with the latest batch of HDDs), it will give you key alerts and tell you how to fix the problems.
- Provides comprehensive maintenance features including maintenance scripts to keep a Mac running smoothly, Flush DNS cache, repair disk permissions, verify and repair for HDDs, privacy to remove cookies and junk left behind by browsers, the finder and others, extensions lets you turn extensions on and off or remove them.
- Shredder that writes over disk space still occupied by deleted files.
- CleanMyMac 3 monitors your Mac and notifies you about the important changes on Mac, including assists you to fix no launch necessary apps, keeps you up-to-date on processor and memory usage.
What Users Like And Dislike on CleanMyMac 3
- Lots of options to find unnecessary files.
- The scanning works quickly.
- The Smart Cleanup feature works great to quickly free up a decent amount of hard drive space.
- Monitors HDD health nicely for many Mac users.
- It has the best memory recovery feature, and I’ve used most all of them.
- The cleaner function of does a great job finding junk on the Mac and deleting it (if finds, you decide what to remove).
- The uninstaller feature is quite comprehensive.
- Finds duplicate photos that can be storage hogs.
- Finds deleted files and you can choose to delete them or not.
- Great cleaning app for limited-memory Mac computers.
- Unexpected default behavior with application interrupts.
- 500MB limitation to cleaning in trial
Preferences of CleanMyMac 3
CleanMyMac 3 lets you personalize how it works on your Mac, check out the following list to learn how to personalize your Mac Cleaner.
Open it and click on CleanMyMac 3 in the top left hand corner of your Mac’s screen in the Toolbar. In the pop-down menu, select Preferences.
- Play sounds for Mac Cleaner main actions or not.
- Control animations and warning dialogs.
- Language control: you can decide what languages you would like to remove or keep for your system or applications.
Smart Cleanup: You are able to specify the items you would like to include to Smart Cleanup and module scans.
Scheduler: It lets you to set how often you would like Mac cleaner remind you about cleaning up your Mac.
CleanMyMac 3 Menu: That is, you are allowed to activate and deactivate the CleanMyMac 3 helper in the top right corner of your Mac as Menu.
- You can set the alert to warn you when your system is running low on space or your trash bins are getting full.
- Monitor your apps activity: Offer to uninstalling apps properly or force quit the apps that stop responding.
Updates: Set whether updates automatically or not, and enable download and background updates.
Ignore List: Select applications or files which you would like Mac Cleaner to ignore scan or clean up.
Privacy: Your data are safe to set as disable anonymous sharing, also could disable extended logging of removed items.
Steps for Cleaning Up Mac Using CleanMyMac 3
- Download and install Mac Cleaning app CleanMyMac 3 from here.
- Start your fist scan with this Mac Cleaner. You can scan your Mac computer with the Smart Cleanup module.
- 2-1. Click Smart Cleanup in the upper left side of the CleanMyMac 3 window.
- 2-2. Click the Scan button at the bottom of the window.
- Get a results preview when all of your Mac data are analyzed.
- Click the Clean Button at the bottom of the window to clean up your Mac by removing files selected.
Get Support for CleanMyMac 3
CleanMyMac 3 is the best Mac cleaner and monitor for your Mac computer in my reviews, it helps you clean, optimize, and maintain your Mac via scanning every inch of your system, removing gigabytes of junk files in just two clicks. Take full control of your Mac system with this Mac Cleaner.
Any relevant support of Mac Cleaner – CleanMyMac 3 could be found in: